Crowdmark is a collaborative online grading and analytics platform available over the Internet. Crowdmark workflow provides efficiency gains in exam administration, grading, data recording and analysis, returning exams and handling regrade requests, and data visualizations of student performance.
The University of Toronto currently has an agreement with Crowdmark that makes the tool available via our Learning Portal (Blackboard).
However, each division of the University has its own policies and practices regarding access to, use of, and support of Crowdmark. These practices and policies may relate to the financial management of the tool (there is a per-student-per-course licensing cost borne by each division), or they may relate to policies on how exams are managed within a particular department.
Therefore, the Crowdmark tool is not universally available by default. Every request for access to the tool, on a course-by-course basis, renewed each semester, must be approved by the relevant division.
Contact the Divisional Representative to Enable Crowdmark in Your Portal Course
Any instructor who wishes to use Crowdmark should make a request to their relevant divisional representative, or they can send an email to email@example.com to identify their divisional contact. As per our workflow, the Portal Help support team will forward the instructor on to the relevant divisional representative. The instructor will discuss the policies and practices with the divisonal representative. If the use of Crowdmark is approved, the divisional representative will contact Crowdmark with the course ID and Crowdmark will enable use of the tool in the Portal course. Once the divisional representative receives confirmation from Crowdmark, they should send an email to the Portal support team to let them know that Crowdmark has been enabled.
NOTE: Crowdmark will enable the use of the tool in consultation with the divisional representative, not individual instructors. Once approved, the instructor must make the tool available in their Portal course.
Currently, Crowdmark assessments within the Portal are only accessible to course staff. Student access is still in development. Before instructors can create Crowdmark assessments, the tool will need to be made available within their Portal course as per the instructions below.
Help Resources and Support
Once an assessment has been created in the Portal please refer to Crowdmark's support documentation at https://crowdmark.desk.com/. Questions related to the use of Crowdmark can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make the Crowdmark assessment tool available in your course AFTER Divisional approval
- Navigate to the Control Panel, expand Customization, and select Tool Availability
- Scroll down to Crowdmark Assessment and check off the checkbox to the right; Available in Content Area
- Scroll down the bottom of the page and click Submit
To add a Crowdmark assessment to your course
- Select the desired Content Area from the left hand course menu
- Click the Assessments menu and select Crowdmark Assessment
- Enter a new name for the assessment, the default is for the assessment to be called after the tool, Crowdmark Assessment
- Scroll down and make sure that Create a grade column in advance of first use is checked off and change the Points possible as necessary
- Change the Permit users to view this content to No, as students cannot access Crowdmark through the Portal and will receive an error message if they try to
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page
- To continue configuring the Crowdmark Assessment click on its name to launch the Crowdmark site