Applying a Rubric in Grade Center
A RUBRIC is a tool that lists evaluation criteria for an assignment. Rubrics can help instructors and TAs explain their evaluations to students. Rubrics can be viewed as a grading widget in Blogs, Journals, Wikis, and Discussion Boards. Instructors have the option to display Rubrics to students.
Instructors or TAs can also associate the Rubric to a grading column in the Grade Center and view the Rubric while assigning a grade. Rubrics can also be viewed from the Grade Details page within the Grade Center.
NB: This menu is an expandable and collapsible menu. If it is collapsed, click on the caret to the left of the menu item to expand the menu.
- Go to Control Panel. Click on Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
- Find the column you would like to associate your Rubric with. Click on the Contextual Menu icon to the right of the column name and select View and Add Rubrics. A pop-up window will open.
- In the Rubrics view:
a. Select the Rubric you want to add.
b. If you would like to preview the Rubric click the preview rubric icon. A pop-up window will open. Close window by clicking on the ‘x’ button in the top right corner of window.
- Click Submit.
- You will return to the pop-up page. There are two icons under the Actions column, select View Rubric.
- The Rubric will open in a new window for you to view while you are grading.
- To remove the association of a rubric to the Grade Center column, click Remove Rubric Association next to the name of the Rubric.
- When finished viewing, click Close Window.